27 April 2008

MY TRIP TO SOHNA





Saturday, I had the idea, I have to drive to Sohna with my bicycle, go to the hill and detect the sulphurous sources. Looking at the google satelite map, it seemed to me like 20 km. In my age 40 km on a bicycle is already quite a trip but, I thought I go for that. Towards Sohna it went so smoothly I was wondering where I got all the power and energy to drive so fast. Arrived already at 11:00 at Sohna and after a delicious soda water (small things taste the best under these circomstances) I decided to go up up to the hill in Sohna(touristic guidance downloaded from internet promised a beautifull perspective). The ramp to the hill was quite steep, most of the Indian trucks (old TATA) had difficulties and came in first gear, emittining dark exhaust has if it was running on coal. At the beginning of the climb I was still faster than the trucks, later I had to switch to lowest gear and got it all. After the ill I felt that muscles are not in best conditions anymore and I still had to make 30 km back. (my quite rough estimation was wrong , so made already 30 km)
The top of the hill was a total disappointment, there are some houses of Haryana Tourist Centre , but all closed ... I would state the usual Indian procedure as long as governemental organisations are concerned. Could not even get any water. So I went back down- hill and there I detected a tent, with two people, to me they looked like a homosexual Sadhu couple, but that might have been not the right impression. At least I got some water. After the descent, I was desperately looking for shadow. For me it was clear my skin had already too much, I need food and shadow. Bought one Kg of oranges. They were fine but still was missing shadow. After all I find a place in the shadow to eat the oranges and people were so nice, I even got a chair. Unfortunately it was close to a tree, having received already since middle age uge quantities of male urine to his stam… so after the oranges I had to move again. Went to the shadow of a shop for sweets, buying again soda water but also one of the very tasty and for my sugar contant very helpfull marcipan sweets. I stayed there for one our sitting on a primitive bank in the front of the barber shop, with no possibility to take any pictures (in the front was a kiosk) but I knew I had to be in the shadow, this was the most important.

At 15:00 I started my ride back, muscles were still in good condition, hurting just a little. But I knew I still had to drive 30 km … and than I find out that the reason that the ride towards Sohna was so smooth, was because I had all the time the wind in the back. Now the wind was in the front and being stronger and stronger . At first I was still hat 32x17, but had to go to 32x19 or less to survive.
Had already to make a stop after 10 Km and there I thought , this would not go out well. The temperature was still at 41 C and had already seeable sunburns on my hands and arms. I rested there almost 1 hour, just in the hope the sun will be less strong. At around 16:00 I restarted and this was now realy though and a torture, muscles close to get real sour, sunburns and the wind still in front. In the middle between Sohna and Gurgaon I had to stop again , drinking Indian tea, normally I don’t like, because it is too sweet. The man over there were so nice in encouraging me … so instead of bringing pictures of Sohna . I would like to show my savers.
I arrived at around 18 in Gurgaon, Udyog Vihar and after shower, I felt asleep immediately.
THE SULPHUR SPRINGS IN SOHNA I DID NOT SEE> IF SOMEONE OF YOU CAN TELL ME WERE TO FIND I WILL MAKE ANOTHER TRIP …. BUT NOT AT 42 C

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed