03 May 2007

Indian Romance 1

The suicide note of a married woman (Manisha) from Delhi (middle class) black-mailed by her husband (Sumit) and his family members for money for a flat.
Later the father of Manisha stated: “ I had arranged the money but they killed my daughter. She would often call us or write to us saying how Sumit beat her up.

(toireporter@timesgroup.com)

HER LAST WORDS

To Sumit
Hardly 12 days to go before our third marriage anniversary. However, I know it would give you immense pleasure if we part company before that, shall I say, if I walk out of your live. I know Sumit that you neiter love me nor like me. You only tolerate me. What we have is one-sided love. Such affairs are seldom succesfull. I loved you from my heart but you probably tought my feelings were not genuine, I can’t blame you for this; maybe sometimes lacking in my love for you. I couldn’t find a place in your heart.
You loved me initially. Or, at least , it seemed to me. Those were the best days of my live. You can live without me , but I can’t. Everybody has to die. Some die soon some very late. My days are over. I am happy that I am dying as a married woman and not as someone who was dumped by her husband. My only request to you is that to dress me up like a newly married bride for cremation. Rest assured that neither you nor any of your family members will be blamed for my death. I am also writing to my father to ensure this. I want to end this by saying that nobody loved you as much as I did.

To Police
My husband or his family members are not responsible for my death. Nobody has forced me to take this decision. Please don’t put the blame on anybody.

To Father
I’ ll be gone the time you receive this letter. You know that I can’t live without Sumit. The problem is that Sumit doesn’t want to live with me . Please don’t regret anything . Only God decides how long can a person live. Please don’t worry and also take care of my mother. Had there been a divorce, I would have died several times in your presence. I am helpless I can’t live without him. You have catered to all my whims and fancies. I hope you will also fulfill my last wish. Please assure that Sumit doesn’t suffer from my death. My soul will not rest in peace if something happens to him. Nobody is responsible for my death. It is all destiny.

No comment from my side, this cannot be commented. May Manisha be in peace but her love message and her sacrifice unforgotten.
Just for your information: divorce rate in India is one of the lowest of the world and Indians are proud of that. Dowry is strictly illegal but usus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very sad and touching,but if the husband wanted it , he will not even feel guilty. And marriage without love on both sides will continue to be the rule in India, as i imagine

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed